Development Application: 201833789
Address: 28 CHAUVEL STREET
Block: 7 Section: 32
Proposal: PROPOSAL FOR MULTI UNIT DEVELOPMENT - Demolition of the existing dwelling; Construction of 3 new two storey adaptable dwellings, basement garages, landscaping and associated works.
Period for representations closes: 12/06/2018
Points for consideration - please add your insights:
- The proposal significantly changes the original pattern of the area, and compromised the neighbouring dwellings.
- shows no evidence of providing an affordable and sustainable housing choice.
- This development is a duplex, a key feature which has been omitted/overlooked in this DA.
- significantly blocks the neighbouring solar access.
- there is no evidence energy efficiency detailed in the plans, instead, further burdening the environment with a proposal to add three plunge pools and removal of all green space and trees on site
- requirements for ADAPTABLE HOUSING proposed for is in question as no provision for stairwell and lift has been made.
- No visitor parking is included to accommodate routine visits from healthcare workers and carers. This dwelling exists opposite a school, attracting high traffic and limited on-street parking.
-The size of all three units will significantly restrict wheelchair mobility and access.