ANZAC PARK EAST – BLOCK 2 SECTION 4 PARKES, 62 CONSTITUTION AVENUE
CCA MEETING WITH AMALGAMATED PROPERTY GROUP (Amalgamated) – 1 SEPTEMBER 2021
- Warwick Lavers and Julie Doyle met with Amalgamated (Michael D’Elboux, Daniel Potts) and other local community reps online to discuss the new proposals for Anzac Park East (APE).
- Amalgamated were unsuccessful in obtaining the single tenant for the proposed development – Defence is now staying at Campbell Park Offices
- NCA have produced ‘Detailed Conditions of Planning, Design and Development’ for the site which are very prescriptive
- Amalgamated now working on a multi use development – office portal building (22,500 m2), residential blocks (43,000 m2) and small retail, all compliant in height etc with NCA requirements.
- Three level basement car parking with access from Wendouree Drive, may provide improved parking options in the future
- Includes areas of open space and pedestrian access through the site and some green space opening to Constitution Avenue.
- WL suggested opportunity to increase external green space on public land along the southern boundary with Parkes Way.
- Very early stages and no drawings other than indicative site plans.
- Subject to external influences estimated start dates –
- Office – late 2021
- Balance – mid 2022
- Amalgamated consulted extensively with local groups for The Griffin develoment on the other side of Anzac Parade and there were minimal community objections when they applied for development approval.