Saturday, March 14th at 11 am in the park behind the Campbell shops
As part of the ACT Governments’ Adopt-a-Park program, the Campbell community has been fortunate to receive some funding to start making improvements in the park behind the Campbell shops!
Plans to enhance and improve the park have been drawn up by Barbara Payne of Quandong Designs and include proposals to:
- enhance the park by planting an understory for the remnant Box-Gum trees in the park, with an emphasis on plants that attract birds, bees and butterflies,
- create an enhanced natural setting for the community to enjoy and spend time in,
- create an outdoor community meeting and performance space,
- create a space for nature play where children can exercise and learn to recognise species and plants common to the ACT, and
- create a community vegetable garden.
This grant of funding is the start of an exciting long-term community project which will be run by Campbell community volunteers in association with the ACT Transport and City Services and the Molonglo Catchment Group of Landcare. Work on the park project is due to commence in April and May this year.
If would like to see the plans and get more information about the park project please join us for the information session in the park between 11 am and 12 pm on 14th March.
If you can’t make it on the 14th but would like to join up to be a volunteer and be part of the project, please send an email to community.campbell at outlook.com.au., or via the contact form.